Hands on Equine and Human Yoga Stretching Clinic
June 30th 9 am – 4pm
Cost: – more information to follow….
Limited enrolment - Please contact
You should take part in this program to:
- Increase your flexibility, improve your riding and be in harmony with your horse. Discover how yoga improves your performance.
- Reduce neck, back, shoulder and leg pain by discovering complementary yoga poses for horse people such as riders, vets, trainers and farriers. who find themselves in ergonomically challenging positions that can help reduce neck, back, shoulder and leg pain and tightness, increase flexibility and improve riding.
- Be in balance with your horse.
No prior yoga experience needed.
Explore yoga principles of balance and flexibility for you and your horse. This program is unique because we provide instruction in yoga for humans for flexibility along with suppleness and balance for riders while on your horse.
Yoga instructor, Bryde Kelly of Yoasis Yoga, in conjunction with Laura Kelland-May of Thistle Ridge Stables, introduces techniques for humans that include yoga mat work tailored for equestrians. This includes yoga in “paddock dress” (riding pants, paddock boots and shirt) and yoga on horseback.
Laura adds her informative series of equine groundwork exercises that promotes suppleness and the development of self carraige.
This work is suitable for all ages and levels of riders – beginners through advanced – and any well-mannered horse can be a great yoga partner. Ground and mounted yoga exercises are gentle and focused on improving body awareness, stability and comfort.
Bringing together you and your horse through yoga deepens your relationship and provides new ways of experiencing movement and balance.
TRSB Yoga for Horse and Rider Sample Schedule
- 9 am start – introduction
- 9:30 – 10:45 Yoga Spinal movement and warm-up for horseback riding
- 10:45 – 11:00 Break
- 11:00 – 11:15 Tack up
- 11:15 – 12:45 Riding Yoga exercises and postures adapted to horseback with mindful breath work (Laura)
- 12:45 – 1:30 Lunch (organic, gluten free super energizing and that is light yet filling so we can still do yoga)
- 1:30 -2:30 Mounted Yoga – half hour of horsemanship techniques Gymkana games egg and spoon relay; obstacle courses to cultivate connection and communication (working up to trotting with eyes closed… almost telepathy visualizing an object for them to go around) and group of 5 max. riders other participants
- Horse Stretching and suppleness work (lateral stretches with carrots) Horse massage
- 2:30 – 3:30 -
- 3:30 – 4:00 – Summary and closing remarks.